Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa. Mahshi Warak Enab (Stuffed Vine Leaves) – Arrange mahshi over layer of bones and sliced tomatoes and onion; Add water to cover, salt, and cook about an hour. Is there anything more appetizing than Warak Enab and Kousa Mahshi?(stuffed zucchini and grape leaves with lamb chops). Stuffed vine leaves dish is one of the side dishes that usually being served in occasions with friends or family.
Add the stuffed zucchini and any meatballs and bring to the boil. Ask anyone in Qatar – stuffed grape leaves must be made with loving hands, not purchased. Qatar is bordered by Saudia Arabia and the A yummy Middle Eastern recipe. You can have Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa
- It’s 500 g of vine leaves, washed and stems removed.
- It’s 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- It’s 1 kg of lamb ribs.
- You need 3/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s of For the stuffing:.
- Prepare 600 g of coarsely ground beef.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of white rice, washed and drained.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
A perfectly stuffed Arabian grape leaf is a thing of beauty, and this version can be found throughout the Gulf. It can be stuffed with (rice, minced meat, vegetables, olive oil, lemon juice), can be cooked with lamb chops, chicken, and other types of meat. It is always served with wide range of salads. Tasteful and light meal at the same time.
Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa Preparation
- In a deep bowl, mix the stuffing ingredients together..
- Place the vine leaves in a pot filled with boiling water for 1 min. Remove from hot water and place under cold water. Strain well and set aside..
- Take one vine leaf and spread it on a flat surface and place 1 teaspoon of the stuffing in the middle forming a straight line. Fold the sides inwards first and roll to warp. Make sure the stuffing is completely covered and the vine leaf is tightly wrapped. Repeat same procedure with the other vine leaves..
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- Fill only ¾ of each zucchini leaving space for the rice to expand when cooked..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the meat ribs and fry them in a skillet until brown..
- Place the cooked ribs at the bottom of a deep pot..
- Place the wrapped vine leaves over the ribs in layers then place the stuffed zucchini on top of the leaves. Add the lemon juice and some boiling water to cover the pot contents. Place a plate, face inwards, on top of the contents to weigh them down while cooking..
- Cover pot and allow it to simmer on low heat for 1 hr 30 min..
- Turn off the heat and remove the plate. Remove the zucchini and set aside..
- To serve, place a serving dish, facing inwards, over the pot. Turn over the pot upside down, holding tightly the dish under it. Let the content drop on the serving dish and remove slowly the pot. Arrange the zucchini on top..
- Serve warm with yogurt on the side..
Main dish: Wara'a Enab and Kusa (stuffed with rice. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Stuffed Vine Leaves. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. Middle Eastern dish consisting of stuffed vine leaves and zucchini. Zucchini Flowers Dolma Stuffed with Rice Pilaf / Turkish Food in Plate Stuffed grape leaves Close-up of a plate with stuffed snails Traditional Italian dish – grilled eggplants stuffed with rise, tomatoes, garlic and sauce on a.