Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce – mehshi koussa. Stuffed Zucchini in Tomato Sauce AKA Kousa. Baby zucchini are stuffed with a mixture of meat and rice then cooked in tomato sauce. Fill zucchini with stuffing. (The rice expands and the meat will shrink so fill them all the way).
Stirring frequently, bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low. An all-star stuffed zucchini recipe with a special Middle Eastern yogurt sauce. Cored Zucchini stuffed with a filling of spiced rice, ground I've always had mahshi cooked in tomato sauce. You can make Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce – mehshi koussa using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce – mehshi koussa
- You need 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- You need 250 g of coarsely ground beef.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of rice, washed and drained.
- It’s 2 of medium tomatoes, cut in cubes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need of – For the sauce:.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste dissolved in ½ cup water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried mint.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
This was my first time having it swimming in a poodle of delicious garlicky. The sauce can be either onion and tomatoes stewed, or pomegranate molasses and water. Gently fry the zucchini in a film of grease left on the skillet till golden; add the tomatoes and about enough I have quite a few in my garden right now and make stuffed kousa often. To adapt this kousa mahshi recipe for vegetarians, use chickpeas instead of minced beef.
Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce – mehshi koussa Preparation
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- To prepare the stuffing: mix the rice, ground beef, spices and tomatoes. Combine well..
- Fill only ¾ of each zucchini leaving space for the rice to expand when cooked..
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together with 3 cups water and pour them over the zucchini..
- When the water starts boiling, reduce the heat; cover the pan and let it simmer for 1 hr..
- Serve hot with plain yogurt on the side..
Serve the stuffed zucchini with a little of the sauce and a dollop of yoghurt. Mix the tomato paste or soup with the water and pour over the zucchini. Turn a heatproof dinner plate upside-down over the zucchini to keep them in place and keep in the steam. KousaMihshi (Stuffed Zucchini) is an Arabic main dish and widely popular inthis region. Minced beef / lamb is mixed with raw rice and spices and thenstuffed inside the cored Kousa… Kousa Mahshi – Stuffed Zucchini.