Courgettes and peas bake. Courgettes make a decent meal of any storecupboard ingredient. They can be dressed up in a creamy lemon sauce and served with pasta, grated and added to a quiche, or served as crisp fritters. Use a teaspoon to scoop the seeds from the middle of each.
A creative bbq recipe, this healthy salad is loaded with courgette, feta, rainbow chard, spinach & herbs. See more vegetarian bbq ideas at Tesco Real Food. I associate courgettes with summer holidays in Greece, where the pale-skinned, pear-shaped variety are sold by the roadside and served in every taverna. You can create Courgettes and peas bake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Courgettes and peas bake
- You need 4 of courgettes.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 200 g of short pasta.
- It’s 50 g of breadcumbs.
- You need 8-10 of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s half of tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Divide the porridge between shallow bowls and top with the courgettes and peas. Delicately spiced courgette and pea cakes. These spicy little fritters not only make a really tasty snack, but they work really well as a healthier alternative to the usual potato fritters. Place it in a colander in the sink, squeezing out any excess water.
Courgettes and peas bake Step by step
- Add a pinch of salt to one tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan. Chop the onions finely and shallow fry them for five minutes or so until golden..
- In the meantime, chop the courgettes. The smaller you chop them, the sooner they will become mushy – so it depends on your preference. These are 1-2 cm..
- Add the courgettes to the pan with the nutmeg, the bay leaves and a generous pinch of pepper. Stir and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Once they have become soft and creamy, remove the lid but continue cooking so that the water evaporates..
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 200 C. Cook the pasta with the peas. Leave the pasta a few minutes undercooked as it will finish cooking in the oven..
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half..
- Once cooked, mix the pasta and the peas in with the courgettes and remove from heat. Add salt to taste..
- Fill an oven dish with the pasta and courgettes, cover it with the breadcrumbs and lay the tomatoes on top. Drizzle generously with olive oil..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs look crispy. (I burned the tomatoes a bit here)..
In a bowl mix together the flour and baking soda. Serve with a grind of black pepper, salad, pasta or polenta to keep the dish gluten-free. You can assemble this dish, refrigerate it and bake it later – or the next day. You can even freeze it and cook when needed. You can swap Parmesan cheese with.