Best Shortbread Cookies.
You can have Best Shortbread Cookies using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best Shortbread Cookies
- You need of soft room temperature butter.
- You need of brown sugar.
- Prepare of AP flour.
Best Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add flour and work it in..you may need slightly more than the one cup of flour..the goal is to have a dryish crumbly dough that comes together when pressed.
- Put dough onto plastic wrap, press together to form a rough log..wrap the dough tightly and form it into either a tube or a long square shape.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes..meanwhile preheat oven to 325*.
- Unwrap dough and use a large straight knife (not serrated) to make half inch cuts…you should get 18 cookies including the ends.
- Bake on ungreased sheet for 10 minutes until slightly golden on the edges.
- Cool cookies on the hot baking sheet for three minutes…if you try to finger-test them, they will be squishy..that's good.
- After three minutes, remove cookies with a spatula onto either wire racks or another sheet and let cool for at least a half hour before devouring.