Zucchini Pizza Boats. Fully loaded with sausage, mushrooms, peppers and olives, it's a lower-carb. These Pizza Zucchini Boats from Delish.com are the best! Studded with mini pepperoni, these zucchini boats are healthy and irresistibly adorable.
Every time I see cute food, a cute craft project, or anything. These cute zucchini pizza boats are a fun, delicious way to get more veggies into your diet! The zucchini pizzas are done when the cheese is melted and slightly brown on top. You can create Zucchini Pizza Boats using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Pizza Boats
- It’s of Zucchini.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Salt,pepper, garlic salt.
- You need of Pizza sauce.
- It’s of Cheese.
- Prepare of Mushrooms.
- It’s of pepperoni.
These zucchini pizza boats are a healthy pizza recipe that takes the fattening crust out of your pizza, and replaces it with antioxidant and fiber rich zucchini. We use low-fat cheese, tangy tomatoes. Place zucchini halves in a small baking dish. Spoon pasta sauce into zucchini halves.
Zucchini Pizza Boats Preparation
- Wash, cut off ends, then cut down the middle.
- With a brush put Olive oil on them.
- Add,Salt,pepper,garlic powder do each one to taste.
- Bake or grill. bake – 450 for 20 – 30 mins till the zucchini is soft this would be good grilled too. While it’s cooking cut pepperoni in half and cut mushrooms in small pieces and any other veggies you have. I went easy and only used mushrooms. (Can add meat, sausage, bacon, Canada bacon, pineapple,make it all meat, all cheese whatever you like).
- After the zucchini is cooked let cool for 10 mins or so then add the Pizza sauce,cheese mushrooms, pepperoni.
- Put back in oven or grill till cheese is melted and mushroom are cooked about 10 mins at 350 (keep an eye on it).
- I used my toaster oven for this… but think this would be so much better on the grill or in a smoker (it is winter when I made this).
- Notes – you can use whatever cheese and any veggies just make sure you cut them up small to fit on the zucchini (this is the cheese I used it’s my favorite).
Healthy low carb Zucchini Pizza Boats with sausage will satisfy your pizza craving! Spread each zucchini boat with pizza sauce, then top with cheese and toppings. These Pizza Zucchini Boats are LOW CARB, packed with protein, delicious, and QUICK to prep! Keyword: low carb, pizza, zucchini, zucchini pizza. These healthy Zucchini Pizza Boats are the answer.