Green Peas Pulao – Matter Pulao.
You can have Green Peas Pulao – Matter Pulao using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Peas Pulao – Matter Pulao
- It’s 400 g of Basmati rice.
- Prepare 75 g of ghee or oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 of green cardamom pods.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion.
- Prepare 100 g of frozen green peas, fresh or thawed from frozen.
- Prepare 100 g of chopped green beans, fresh or thawed from frozen.
- It’s 1 of small handful mint leaves, shredded.
- Prepare 1 handful of cilantro (coriander leaves), shredded.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 800 ml of water.
Green Peas Pulao – Matter Pulao instructions
- Wash the rice in cold water then soak for at least 20 minutes..
- Assemble other prepped ingredients..
- Heat ghee or oil over medium-high heat in a thick bottomed large sauce pan, stock pot, or casserole. Add spices and cook until they crackle. Add red onions and sauté until golden brown..
- Add peas and green beans and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Drain the rice add and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add 800ml water and the salt and bring to a boil..
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring gently 2-3 times..
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 more minutes..
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with mint and cilantro..