Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian). Our Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini is a great way to use the abundant amounts of zucchini that everyone seems to be growing in their gardens this summer! Fresh zucchini are cut and stuffed with a super flavorful mixture of Parmesan and Romano cheeses, Panko bread crumbs, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and sautéed onion and then baked until tender. The Best Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipes on Yummly
A vegetarian stuffed zucchini recipe with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and a crispy Parmesan cheese and panko topping. Adapted from Cooking Light's Stuffed Zucchini with Cheesy Breadcrumbs. Stuffed zucchini boats with bell pepper, chickpeas, and vegan cheese! You can make Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian)
- Prepare 2 of zucchini.
- Prepare 2 of mozzarella slices.
- You need 1/4 of texturized soy (dry).
- You need 1 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 2 of green onion.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of seeds (I used a mixture of sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseeds and chia seeds).
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need of Spices: Garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne and cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (homemade or already done).
This is a simple vegetarian weeknight dinner, side dish or entrée which contains healthy wholesome ingredients. The recipe is meat-free, plant-based, relatively low-carb, and easy to make! Place stuffed zucchini in baking pan; cover with foil. Stuffed with a Mexican-style black bean filling and topped with a vegan cheese sauce, these fork-tender stuffed zucchini make a filling vegan dinner.
Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) Step by step
- First cut the zucchini in 2 parts and quit the seeds part. Put in the oven the zucchini for 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Cut the inside of the zucchini in small dices, also the mushrooms and the green onions.
- The texturized soy put it in the microwave for 5 minutes with the same volume of water than texturized soy.
- Put in a frying pot the olive oil, and put the zucchini dices, the texturized soy, the green onions and the mushrooms (in this order, wait a little bit between all of them). Put all the seasoning once the mushrooms are almost done, and the tomate sauce. Once everything is mixed, let it cooling down..
- Take the zucchinis and put the mixture inside. If you want you can add some egg to get more consistency.
- Put the mozzarella and the seeds and again to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy!!! You will be surprised of how the texturized soy tastes to ground turkey or so. This dish is great nutritionally talking, super tasty and delicious! Tell me if you try :).
- Nutrient information + texturized soy.
Here's all you need: Zucchini, of course! The zucchini prep is pretty straight forward – you just slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and hollow out the insides with a spoon or melon baller. A lot of stuffed zucchini recipes discard the seeds, but we're going to add them back to the filling to reduce the amount of waste here. This recipe is perfect for summer when zucchini is cheaply available and it's too hot to turn on the oven! Stuffed veggies are always a great vegetarian or vegan main course idea.