Zucchini Fritters. We LOVE zucchini patties/fritters and this will be a healthy alternative to our usual fried in oil variety. I have been playing with my waffle iron. Transfer fritters to a plate; set aside in a warm place.
Add the grated zucchini, flour, minced green onions, thyme, basil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Test the oil by flicking a little flour into it. Meanwhile, combine milk and egg in a bowl. You can cook Zucchini Fritters using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Fritters
- Prepare 2 lb of zucchini about 2 large or 5 medium.
- It’s 1 tsp of plus 1/2 tsp salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped green onions.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
- It’s 2 of large eggs lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil for sautéing.
- It’s of Sour Cream to serve.
Stir together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; blend well. Place grated zucchini in a colander over the sink. Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain zucchini completely. There is a new fan favorite in my house for the best way to put the summer zucchini surplus to use, and it comes in the form of zucchini fritters.
Zucchini Fritters Preparation
- Wash zucchini and trim off ends. Grate on the large holes of a box grater. Place the grated zucchini in a large mixing bowl, stir in 1 tsp salt and set aside for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes, squeeze handfuls of zucchini tightly over the sink to remove extra water. It helps to wring it out in a cheesecloth if you have one. It is amazing how much water comes out! You should end up with 3 1/2 to 4 cups of squeezed dry zucchini. Transfer to a large mixing bowl..
- Add the chopped green onions, garlic, flour, parmesan and eggs to the zucchini mixture. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Stir until well combined..
- Place a large heavy bottomed cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the zucchini mixture a heaping tablespoon at a time (or use an ice cream scoop to create equal size fritters) and flatten out the tops slightly to make them pancake shaped. Sauté 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!.
The setup is simple: Grated zucchini joins forces with sliced scallions, flour and eggs. Zucchini fritters made extra crispy and extra tasty with the addition of parmesan! Crispy on the outside, and moist but not soggy on the inside. Love how these are light on batter – just enough to hold it together. To serve: Sour cream Crispy, salty zucchini fritters make for an excellent appetizer or side dish.