Caribbean Style Rice.
You can cook Caribbean Style Rice using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caribbean Style Rice
- You need 2 tbsp of veg. oil (I use canola).
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 cup of long grain white rice.
- You need 1 can of Southern style black eyed peas.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- It’s 1 1/2 can of hot water (I just refill the bean can).
- Prepare 1 medium of white onion, sliced thin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Knorr granulated chicken bouillon.
Caribbean Style Rice instructions
- In medium sauce pan, over med/high heat, heat oil and add onion. Cook until tender.
- Add garlic. Cook until tender (a minute or 2).
- Add rice and cook until rice is golden stirring often to not burn.
- Add can of black eyed peas and 1.5 cans of hot water..
- As water is coming to a boil add cumin, bouillon, and thyme..
- Once water reaches a boil, put cover on pot and turn heat down to low..
- Allow to simmer untouched for 15 minutes..
- Stir rice and recover until all water is absorbed (about 15 to 20 minutes).