You can have Shortbread Cookies using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shortbread Cookies
- You need 150 g of flour.
- It’s 70 g of sugar.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- You need 100 g of butter, soft.
- You need 1 of egg.
Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl. Add sugar and a pinch of salt, then add the soft butter. Rub the butter into flour and sugar with your hands until the texture resembles that of breadcrumbs or sand..
- Add in the egg and mix everything with your hands until you form a homogeneous ball of dough..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough directly on the baking paper. It should be 5mm thick. Let it cool in the fridge for at least 30 mins..
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F. Take the dough out of the fridge and cut out the cookies using a cookie cutter. Bake for 10-12 mins until the cookies start turning golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool..