Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
You can have Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Prepare 2 1/2 lbs of Potatoes peeled and cut into even 1 inch pieces.
- It’s 6 of Garlic Cloves peeled and minced.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Water or Chicken Stock with no added salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter divided.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cream Cheese.
- It’s of More butter and chopped chives for topping.
Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes step by step
- In an Instant Pot add potatoes, garlic, water, salt and one and a half tablespoons butter. Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing and cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes. (My Instant Pot took 10 minutes to come to pressure, so the total time taken was 18 minutes). Release pressure immediately by turning the knob to 'vent', and open the lid once the pressure is released..
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes in the Instant Pot for really creamy potatoes. For fluffier mashed potatoes, you can drain the water and then mash the potatoes. Once the potatoes are mashed, mix in the remaining butter, sour cream and cream cheese. Mix well while the potatoes are still steaming hot. Taste and add more salt if required. Top with more butter and chives and serve..