Stuffed zucchini Turkish style. But today's stuffed zucchini is kind of a big deal recipe; it's the stuff for special dinners and Middle Eastern banquets. First, the zucchini are hollowed out using a vegetable corer like this one. Then they are filled with a hearty, spiced filling of rice and ground beef or lamb.
Place each stuffed vegetable upright in a large pot. Sprinkle the reserved zucchini pulp around pot. Remove foil and cover with mozzarella cheese. You can have Stuffed zucchini Turkish style using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed zucchini Turkish style
- Prepare 2.50 pound of zucchini about 3 large.
- You need 1 lbs of finely ground beef or lamb meat.
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 of large finely chopped onion squeezed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of allspice.
- You need 2 tablespoon of tomatoes paste.
- You need 2 of gloves of garlic chopped fine.
- You need 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need Can of tomatoes sauce.
- It’s of Yogurt.
Finely chop zucchini pulp; set aside. Saute onion in oil in large heavy skillet. Add mushrooms, garlic and reserved chopped zucchini; cook over medium heat until most of moisture evaporates. Add cream cheese, egg, Parmesan, parsley, and pepper.
Stuffed zucchini Turkish style Instructions
- Wash zucchini cut 2 inc and core.
- Mix meat with all the ingredients roll meat balls and stuff the squash like that.
- Brown both side zucchini with meat balls for few minutes add them in pan scoop a spoon of tomatoes sauce on each and bake at 375 f for 40 minutes add liquid tomatoes sauce every time you see it getting dry.
- Serve with yogurt on top enjoy.
- I had extra meatballs so I stuffed mushrooms.
While filling the zucchini, don't push the filling in, instead tap the zucchini vertically on the counter. Place them in a small cooking pot. Mix the hot water, crushed tomato and olive oil and pour into the pot from the side. Place cooked zucchini on a service plate. It is also indisputable with its lightness and taste and it will be appreciated with of making stuffed zucchini recipe.