Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini. Zucchini takes the place of potatoes in this cheesy carb-slashed recipe. Your zucchini dreams have come true with these Loaded Hasselback Zucchini! This tasty foil-baked side is sure to impress and SO easy to make!
I love taking each slice off one at a time. I had so much fun eating these! Just like the classic prep for a baked potato (but without all the starch), these roasted zucchini make a delicious side for steak or chicken. You can create Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini
- Prepare 2 of medium-large zucchini (about 8 oz. each).
- Prepare Dash of each salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light sour cream.
- You need 2 tbsp. of chopped scallions.
- You need 1 tbsp. of precooked real crumbled bacon.
These Fully Loaded Hasselback Potatoes are packed full of bacon, cheese, sour cream, chives, everything you love on a baked potato! I am going to admit, I can get kind of boring when it comes to side dishes. I get in a rut of steaming broccoli, or making cauliflower mash, and before you know it. Loaded Hasselback Potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini Preparation
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet, and spray with nonstick spray. Slice off and discard stem ends of zucchini. Cut slits through the width, about 1/2-inch apart, stopping about 1/4 inch from the bottom. Place zucchini on the center of the foil, and cover with another large piece of foil. Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet..
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove sheet, and let cool for 5 minutes. Set oven to broil. Cut packet to release steam before removing the top piece of foil. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and pepper. Carefully sprinkle cheese into the slits of the zucchini. Broil until cheese has melted and lightly browned, about 1 minute. Top with remaining ingredients. MAKES 2 SERVINGS.
- Notes-When slicing each zucchini, place it between two chopsticks on the cutting board. This will prevent you from slicing through to the bottom..
Here, zucchini gets the Hasselback treatment: the vegetable is sliced about three-quarters of the way through, accordion-like, before cooking. As the zucchini softens in the oven, the slices splay open a bit, practically begging for a sprinkle of garlic, salt, pepper and a sliver or two of Parmesan cheese to. So.hasselback zucchini (also known as accordion zucchini): why hasn't anyone told me about this delicious dish before? More precisely, why haven't YOU told me about it? I'm aware that withholding information is not lying, but the purpose and the effect are the same, and it's not cool, at all.