Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes).
You can cook Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes)
- You need of Pancake batter:.
- It’s 1 of medium zucchini about 8 ounces.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 of medium onion thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of green hot chili peppers thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of buchim garu (Korean savory pancake mix).
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare of vegetable or canola oil for frying.
- It’s of Dipping Sauce:.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of water.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare pinch of black pepper.
- You need pinch of gochugaru (Korean red chili pepper flakes).
Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes) Step by step
- Cut the zucchini into matchsticks. Place them in a bowl, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes until wilted and released some liquid. Squeeze the liquid out from the zucchini as much as possible, reserving the liquid in the bowl. Set the zucchini aside..
- Mix the pancake mix and egg to the bowl then add with the zucchini squeezed mix. Mix everything well with a spoon, and then combine with the zucchini, onion and chili peppers. The zucchini mix may look stiff when mixing, but it will become more liquidly after a few minutes. If it’s still too stiff, mix in some water (2 to 3 tablespoons to start with)..
- Heat a skillet with two tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Add about 2 heaping tablespoons of the batter and spread it evenly into a thin round shape. Depending on the size of your pan, you can cook 3 to 4 pancakes at once. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until the bottom is light golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Serve hot with a dipping sauce..