Healthy Pumpkin curry (kootu curry).
You can cook Healthy Pumpkin curry (kootu curry) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Pumpkin curry (kootu curry)
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Soaked Chick peas/ channa (brown is healthy).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Soaked Black eyed peas or any beans u like.
- It’s 1/4 kg of Yellow Pumpkin.
- You need of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 2 clove of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Red chilly powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Coconut oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 6 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 small of dry red chilly.
- You need 1 pinch of urid dhal.
Healthy Pumpkin curry (kootu curry) instructions
- Cut Pumpkins into small cubes. Set aside the soaked channa and black eyed beans. ( can be soaked for 3hours).
- Pressure cook the soaked Black channa and black eyed peas till it is done..
- Once they are done, add the cut Pumpkins, salt and turmeric powder with them and just cook it for one whistle..
- Grind coarsely the grated coconut, cumin seeds, red chilly powder and garlic cloves. Just grind roughly.
- Open the pressure cooker, check the pumpkin, it should be soft. No matter if it loses its shape..
- Switch on the flame, heat a pan add oil to that and temper mustard seeds, red chilly, urid dhal, curry leaves..
- Add the boiled things and ground coconut mixture, mix and cover the pan for 2 minutes..
- After two minutes open the pan, mix well, check for salt and allow it to boil for few seconds and remove from fire..
- Serve this with rice, chappati or other Indian bread varieties. Can adjust spiciness according to your taste. Can add other grams or beans also.