Tandoori Fish Pakora / Indian Style Deep Fish Fritters.
You can have Tandoori Fish Pakora / Indian Style Deep Fish Fritters using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tandoori Fish Pakora / Indian Style Deep Fish Fritters
- You need 250 gm of Halibut/cod/basa fish fillets cut into bite size chunks.
- It’s 2 of Dry red chilies crushed.
- Prepare 3 of Birds eye green chilies finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tandoori masala.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Gram flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Rice flour/cornflour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Greek yoghurt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 drop of Orange food colour (optional).
- Prepare of Curry leaves- A sprig (optional).
- You need To taste of Salt.
- You need of Oil- As needed for deep frying.
Tandoori Fish Pakora / Indian Style Deep Fish Fritters Step by step
- Clean, wash, and drain the fish pieces. Marinate the fish with turmeric powder, birds eye chilies, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, and salt. Leave it aside for 30 mins..
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan..
- In another bowl, add the red chilli powder, crushed dry red chilies, tandoori masala powder, gram flour, rice flour, yogurt, and water as needed to make a smooth batter without any lumps..
- Dip each marinated fish piece into the prepared batter making sure the fish is well coated with the batter. Gently add the fish pieces into the hot oil. Cook in batches and do not overcrowd the pan. Fry on medium flame for 4-5 mins on each side. Each piece should be crisp and golden all over..
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Repeat the process with the remaining fish pieces. After all the fish pieces and cooked, add a sprig of curry leaves into the hot oil and fry for a minute. Drain and garnish over the fried fish. Serve hot as an evening snack and enjoy..