Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup.
You can cook Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- You need 2 cups of baby carrots.
- Prepare 8 stalks of celery.
- You need 2 of bay leafs.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s of To taste salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 lbs of dried green split peas.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup instructions
- In true Instant Pot style, chop up all the veggies and put them in the pot along with the rest of the ingredients. With regards to the salt and pepper, how much you add really depends on who you are feeding. I tend to go a little lighter because I like the pronounced pea flavor. My wife likes to go heavy as if there was a piece of ham added. No right or wrong here but just try to target your audience..
- Set the Instant Pot to cook for 30 minutes. Once it is done, let it naturally cool to open the lid. I prefer to leave it on Keep Warm for an hour or so when I have time in order to let the flavors circulate but that is optional..
- After you open the Instant Pot, use a hand blender to purée the soup..