French Toast Bake.
You can have French Toast Bake using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Toast Bake
- It’s 1 loaf of bread (challah, brioche or French all work good).
- It’s 8 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half and half.
- You need 1/2 cup of each brown sugar, granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each vanilla extract, ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Confectioners sugar, optional for serving.
- You need of Maple syrup, optional for serving.
French Toast Bake instructions
- Grease a 9×13" baking pan. Tear the loaf of bread into small chunks and scatter them into the pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, half & half, sugars, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top of the bread chunks. Then cover it and place it in the fridge overnight..
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350°F. Let the pan sit out at room temperature while the oven heats up. Bake it covered for 30 minutes, then remove the covering and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, until the center is set and cooked through. If you'd like, you can dust some powered sugar over it before slicing it into squares and serving..
- If you have leftovers, they will reheat really well. Just bake how much you want to reheat at 350°F for 10 or so minutes..