Super easy 5 ingredient skillet Halibut. This was super easy and super delicious. I am not a big tomato fan but the flavors that the sauce made were so good I was dipping my fork in the bits & pieces that were left and eating them tomatos and all! This blackened halibut recipe is so delicious!
It's a one skillet supper that's ready in a flash! Shake up Father's Day with these easy, flavorful grilled fish recipes. Whether your dad is in the mood for fish tacos or tuna kabobs, we have you covered. You can make Super easy 5 ingredient skillet Halibut using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super easy 5 ingredient skillet Halibut
- Prepare 1-8 oz. of Halibut or sea bass filet skinned and deboned.
- It’s 1 of tbls. Unsalted butter.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh squeezed lemon.
Thaw frozen halibut overnight in refrigerator, then place in baking dish and blot dry with paper towels. Let the halibut come to room temperature while you. Halibut is a versatile fish that can be grilled, poached, sautéed, broiled, or fried, but baking is probably the easiest and most foolpro. Place fillets, walnut side down, in skillet.
Super easy 5 ingredient skillet Halibut Preparation
- Take out of fridge and let sit for about 20 mins so the internal temperature of the fish raises a bit to insure even cooking. In the last ten mins turn your burner on to med/high heat..
- Salt and pepper all sides of your filet..
- And your oil and swirl let heat for a minute or two. Then add your filet skinned side down cook 3 min. Then flip and cook 2 min..
- In the last minute or so add butter and garlic and spoon over fish basting for the last minute..
- Remove garlic..
- Now flip fish on it's edges and brown each edge for about a minute..
- Serve with fresh lemon over the top. The proper heated pan is the key!!! If fish is thinner than 1 1/2in increase pan heat and decrease cook time by 1 minute on the initial first two sears..
- Hope you all enjoy this simple but delicious pan seared fish. That always comes out flakey and moist with a awesome crust!!.
- Rice super simple cook white rice accordingly to package once done salt and pepper squeeze a fresh lime and add fresh chopped cilantro. All ingredients to your liking..
- Be nice!!!.
- May God bless us all…..
I used a spicy marinara and whole wheat. The crunchy earthiness of the halibut's nut-coating is balanced by a crisp green salad and a drizzle of tangy lemon-tarragon vinaigrette. I used a Cuisinart mini processor and ground half sliced and half slivered almonds, the sliced. Moist, mild-tasting halibut is an unchallenging fish. It's well-liked, easy to find, and takes well to a variety of preparations.