Christmas Sugar Cookies.
You can cook Christmas Sugar Cookies using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 2 Cups of Salted Butter (NOT margarine).
- Prepare 2 Cups of Sugar (granulated).
- You need 4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 1/3 of Milk (add more or less depending on humidity to form a soft dough).
- It’s 6 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
Christmas Sugar Cookies step by step
- Cream room temperature butter and sugar..
- Add all other ingredients except flour and mix well..
- Stir in flour. Mix well but work the dough as little as possible. Over mixing makes cookies hard or tough..
- Option 1 – Put dough into a cookie press and press onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 until firm but try to remove before edges start to turn brown..
- Option 2 – Place large handful of dough on floured surface. Roll to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut out with cookie cutters. Place cookies on cookie sheet and bake at 350 until edges barely begin to turn light brown..
- Let cookies cool completely and then frost and decorate..
- Tip: If you prefer a soft cookie, place cookies in a sealed container (or even a zip lock) and place a piece of white bread in the container (two for a larger container). This makes all the difference in the world for all cookies I have made! If you prefer a crisper cookie you can leave the cookies in for an extra minute and do not use the bread..