Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta. My sister Beth made this Panko Parmesan Crusted Halibut recipe and raved about how amazing it was. I thought it would be fun to share it. Basically you just take some Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, olive oil and fresh lemon and turn it into something amazing..
Most of the time seafood recipes that have a delicious crust on them contain breadcrumbs, but this mixture is a very simple and packed with parmesan, pecans and spices to make a decadent. Halibut fillets are dipped in Greek yogurt and crusted with a mixture of panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese to make this delicious seafood "This fast-and-easy dish was an instant success at my house, even in my fish-hesitant family. The panko crisps up beautifully, and the halibut is tender. You can create Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta
- You need of For the fish.
- It’s 2 lbs of halibut fillet. Skin removed.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
- Prepare of White pepper.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tbs of dry mustard.
- It’s 1 tbs of chilie flakes.
- Prepare of Flour for dredging.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare of For the pasta.
- It’s 1 lb of tri color rotini.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of prepared pesto.
- Prepare 1 of snack size bag of honey roasted cashews, smashed to crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare of Drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
This baked halibut is simple enough for a busy day and special enough for guests. The buttery bread crumb and Parmesan topping flavors it perfectly. In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs with the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, and onion powders, salt, pepper, and melted butter. Panko Parmesan Crusted Halibut is a shared recipe from Melissa.
Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta Step by step
- Prepare halibut and cut into portions. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside..
- Melt butter in a fry pan. Saute onions until they start to carmelize. Add garlic. Saute 2 more minutes. Add wine and cashews. cook off liquid. Set aside.
- Grease a baking sheet. Dredge fish in flour mixed with dry mustard. Place on baking sheet. Brush on beaten egg..
- Mix panko, parmesan, and Chile flakes. Crust top of fish. Bake at 425 8-9 minutes. Middle rack. Turn broiler on high. Cook until crust browns. Keep a good eye on it..
- Meanwhile, boil 4 qts salted water. Add pasta. Cook till AL dente. Drain and rinse with cold water..
- Add pasta back to pot. Mix in pesto sauce, onion mixture, and a pinch of parmesan. Heat on low until heated through..
- Plate immediately. Place halibut over pasta. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Garnish with basil leaves and lemon slices. Enjoy..
She writes Halibut happens to be my most favorite fish. My crusted halibut recipe is a perfect for a healthy dinner at home. Another favorite halibut recipe, adapted from the folks at Coastal Seafoods. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg and milk together. In a separate bowl, stir together parmesan cheese, flour, paprika, pepper and salt.