You can create Simple Calabacitas using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Calabacitas
- You need 1 of zucchini (cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4" slices).
- You need 1 of yellow squash (cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4" slices).
- It’s 1 of ear of sweet corn kernels.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Mozzerella cheese, shredded.
Simple Calabacitas Preparation
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT cheese. Gently toss to coat.
- Steam veggies for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese sprinkled on top (I like mine super cheesey!).
- *If you do not have a steamer, you can bring a few cups of water to a boil in a small stock pot. Place veggies in a metal strainer and set atop the pot and cover with a lid (see pic).
- **I discovered calabacitas when I lived in New Mexico. There are several variations, but this is just a simple basic "go grab it out of my garden" version!.