Grandma's Kolacki-Polish Cookies.
You can have Grandma's Kolacki-Polish Cookies using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grandma's Kolacki-Polish Cookies
- Prepare 1 of # Phillidelphia Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 1 of # Butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 2 1/4 Cups of White flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 of " glass or cookie cutter.
- Prepare Jars of Apricot, Cherry, Strawberry, or your favorite, fruit preserves.
Grandma's Kolacki-Polish Cookies instructions
- In a mixer, cream the Cream Cheese and Butter until fluffy..
- Add the salt and vanilla and blend in..
- Stir in the flour until mixed..
- Remove and form into a 5×5" square and wrap in plastic wrap..
- Put the dough in a refrigerator for an hour or two or overnight..
- Preheat the oven to 350f..
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll out the dough to about 1/4" thick..
- With a 2" glass or cookie cutter, lightly push down on the dough. Do not twist. Then remove, put on a cookie sheet and push lightly in the center with your thumb to indent for the filling..
- My wife and Granddaughter letting my Great-granddaughter cut the dough!.
- Add a dollop of preserves to the indent..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly brown, but don't brown the bottoms too much..
- Remove the pan and allow to cool to room temperature..
- To finish dust, with powdered sugar..
- Put in a large plastic storage container and put on the lid. Or on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Put wax paper between layers, if necessary..