You can cook Pasta Primavera using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta Primavera
- It’s 1 box of mushrooms – 8 oz. size whole or sliced.
- You need 1 medium of squash – green.
- It’s 1 medium of summer squash – yellow.
- You need 7 of sun dried tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of extra virgin light olive oil.
- You need 1 of butter.
- It’s 1 of herbs – dill and parsley.
- Prepare 1 of lemon pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of grated parmigiano romano.
- Prepare 1/3 box of mini penne pasta.
Pasta Primavera Step by step
- While preparing vegetables set a pot of water on high to boil for pasta..
- Wash, dry and slice mushrooms in half and then into 1/4" slices. Slice both squashes in half then in 1/4" slices. Slice sun dried tomatoes in 1/4" slices..
- In a large saute/fry pan (with lid) put about 2-3 tablespoons of oil and 2 pats of butter on medium heat. Once butter melts add mushrooms, herbs and lemon pepper. The mushrooms will absorb all the oil and butter – add more butter a pat at a time until mushrooms have a good coating of butter. Turn the heat down to medium/low, cover and cook about 3-5 minutes until mushrooms start to release their juice..
- Add a little more olive oil, a pat of butter and stir until the butter has melted. Then add squash and sun dried tomatoes. Season again with herbs, lemon pepper and add 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon. Stir to incorporate, cover and reduce heat a little. You want to cook the squash until it's tender but hasn't lost its color about 2-3 minutes. Then take it completely off the heat; especially if you have an electric stove. Keep it covered..
- While preparing the vegetables if the water has come to a full boil add the penne and cook as directed on the box. I use mini penne and it takes 6 minutes for al dente. Once cooked drain into colander. Turn the stove down to medium low, wipe dry the bottom of the pot and return it to stove add about 2 tablespoons of oil, a pat of butter and heat thoroughly. (If you like, add some red pepper flakes.) Add pasta, stir to incorporate – hint: the pasta should have a sheen, if it doesn't add olive oil a little at a time, stirring in between until it just shines. Once pasta is heated through (it doesn't take long – a mere few seconds) take the pot off the burner and add as much cheese as you want..
- Spoon penne, spoon vegetables on top and top with a sprinkling of cheese..