Pasta Primavera v.2. Pasta Primavera-this classic pasta dish is a wonderful mixture of colorful vegetables and a simple lemon Parmesan cream sauce. It was soon being served at restaurants all over and is. A hearty, veggie packed pasta dish that's perfect for serving year round!
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add zucchini and yellow squash; cook. Calendario e risultati classifica squadra classifica marcatori. You can have Pasta Primavera v.2 using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Primavera v.2
- It’s 2 tbsp of 2-3 Tblsp extra virgin LIGHT olive oil, see note.
- Prepare 1 medium of summer squash – yellow.
- Prepare 1 medium of Italian squash – green.
- You need 1 medium of yellow or green pepper.
- Prepare 7 each of asparagus spears.
- It’s 7 each of sun dried tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of each parsley, dill, chives.
- You need 1 pinch of red pepper flakes – or to your liking.
- Prepare 1 pinch of oregano.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 3 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of capers w/vinegar (non pareil type/small).
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of pecorino/romano grated cheese.
- It’s 1 of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 box of penne pasta, cooked al dente.
Creamy Pasta Primavera is full of delightful spring vegetables for a light and fresh pasta you can easily serve up for dinner with or without meat. For whatever reason, my mother made her primavera with angel hair pasta, which is a gossamer version of spaghetti that cooks in seconds. Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixtures in a large bowl to combine. Toss with the cherry tomatoes and enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
Pasta Primavera v.2 Step by step
- While preparing vegetables set a pot of water to boil and cook mini penne about 6-7 minutes until al dente. By the time the pasta is cooked the vegetables will be ready. The dish cooks up fairly quickly..
- Prep all vegetables. Wash, dry and slice both squash in half then into 1/4" slices. Wash dry asparagus spears – snap off ends then slice spears into 1" pieces. Slice sun dried tomatoes into 1/4" slices. There are two types of sun dried tomatoes-soft and hard. If you have hard dried tomatoes, reconstitute them by soaking them in hot water for about 15-20 minutes until they soften. Slice pepper into 1" slices then cut slices in half..
- In a large saute pan over medium heat put in about 2-3 tablespoons (depending on the size of the pan) of extra virgin LIGHT olive oil, 1/2 of the butter and red pepper flakes. When oil is heated add peppers and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add herbs stir and cook for a minute more..
- Add squash and asparagus – stir to incorporate vegetables. Once veggies heat up add wine (in center of pan-don't stir) cook for about 1 minute. Add butter (allow it to melt) then add lemon juice, capers, and cover. Turn heat down to medium low and cook for about 2 minutes. Do not overcook squash. They shouldn't be soft. They should cook up al dente like pasta..
- When pasta is cooked, drain, return to pot (not over heat), add a few drizzles of extra virgin olive oil and stir. Add enough oil to coat pasta not drown in oil. Add generous helping of cheese and stir. Pour veggies over cooked pasta and add another generous sprinkling of cheese..
The Pasta Primavera recipe out of our category Vegetable! Milk, skim, (non fat) powder, basil, garlic, salt, parmesan cheese, zucchini, broccoli florets, mushrooms, onions, green peas, ham, pimentos, pasta, twist. In saucepan, boil milk, basil, salt and pepper. In cup mix cornstarch and water. Add to milk and boil, stirring constantly.