Vegetable ham stew.
You can cook Vegetable ham stew using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable ham stew
- You need 1 of meaty ham bone.
- It’s of crockpot.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- You need 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 head of red cabbage.
- You need 1 cup of sliced carrots.
- It’s 6 of mushrooms (quartered).
- Prepare 3 of green onions.
- You need 1 of yellow squash.
- You need 2 cup of frozen french cut green beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh frozen peas.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1 large of bay leaf.
Vegetable ham stew Preparation
- Remove skin, ligaments, and fat from the meaty ham bone..
- Boil/simmer bone until meat falls off (~1 hr.).
- Remove and reserve meat. For low fat version discard liquid, otherwise skim fat and reserve liquid..
- Add bouillon cubes and water or reserved liquid to crockpot..
- Add tomato paste to crockpot and stir..
- Add ham to crockpot.
- Coarsely chop vegetables and add to crockpot..
- Add water to cover contents..
- Add spices, stir, cover and cook on low ~6 hours or until carrots are done..