Vickys Halloween Cucumber 'Caprese' Snake Salad, GF DF EF SF NF. How to prepare recipe for Vickys Halloween Savoury Severed Fingers. Learn how to make and how to cook this easy and delicious recipe. So gross but going to serve these to my kids for fun for Halloween !
Vegan and vegetarian eats and bakes. Just Peachy: Peach and Prosciutto Caprese Salad. There is truly nothing better than a ripened peach this time of year. You can make Vickys Halloween Cucumber 'Caprese' Snake Salad, GF DF EF SF NF using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Halloween Cucumber 'Caprese' Snake Salad, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 1 of cucumber.
- You need 2 of olives/grapes for eyes.
- Prepare of mixed salad/basil leaves to serve.
- It’s of salad dressing of choice.
- You need 1 of large tomato.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 250 grams of mozzarella style cheese block, I used 'Teese' vegan no-soy mozzarella.
When you pair it with fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, blackberries and basil, good luck eating anything else the rest of the summer. This fresh, crisp caprese salad with cucumbers is my new favorite side for spring and summer. This salad is unbelievably simple, so scrumptious, and works well as either a main dish or side. Or, you could even toss it onto toasted crostini for an elegant appetizer!
Vickys Halloween Cucumber 'Caprese' Snake Salad, GF DF EF SF NF Step by step
- Cut the ends from the cucumber for making the head and tail. On the head piece cut a V shape in the middle of the narrow end to make a gaping mouth.
- Cut a forked tongue from a slice of cucumber and put it in the mouth and use cocktail sticks to stick on eyes made out of olives or grapes.
- Slice the tomato, cheese and onion into equal sized slices. I got 6 slices from each and so cut 6 slices of cucumber to use but depending on how long you need your snake to be you can triple the cucumber slices and put a slice between everything.
- Layer your serving tray with salad leaves. You can add a dressing of choice at this point.
- Now start layering the tomato, mozzarella, onion and cucumber slices on top of the salad leaves. Make it bendy and curved around the tray like a snake.
- Add the head and tail and it's done!.
- This is a great side to the Halloween Man-Eating Bun and Savoury Severed Fingers in my profile!.
- You can use any leftover cucumber to add to water for a refreshing summer drink, chop it and make a raita or try my Green Gazpacho also in my profile!.
An easy and delicious layered-style cucumber caprese salad that makes for a beautiful presentation! The cucumber adds a refreshing twist to traditional caprese salad. Perfect on a hot summer day. Everyone enjoyed it and I'll be making it again. Allergy friendly (GF, DF, SF, NF, EF, Refined sugar free)