You can have Vegetable Tian using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Tian
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 each of medium yellow onion.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 each of medium zucchini.
- You need 1 each of medium yellow squash.
- You need 1 each of medium potato (optional).
- Prepare 1 each of medium tomato.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme (I opted for Italian seasoning).
- Prepare 1 of plenty of salt and pepper (to taste).
- You need 1 cup of shredded italian cheese (I used colby jack and mozzerella).
Vegetable Tian Preparation
- Preheat oven to 400°F (180 degrees C). Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Sauteed both in the olive oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes (or until softened)..
- While the onions and garlic are working, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables..
- Spray the inside of an 8×8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the onion and garlic on bottom of dish and place the thinly sliced vegetables vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and thyme..
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. (This is where the potato effects the dish. If you use the potato, I'd increase baking time to 45 mins. If you don't add potato, keep it at 30 minutes.) Remove foil and add shredded cheese. Return to oven for another 15 – 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. (I have had no luck with this so thinking about broiling for a minute or so next time.).
- Serve and enjoy!.