Chicken Pesto "Pasta".
You can have Chicken Pesto "Pasta" using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pesto "Pasta"
- It’s of Pesto.
- It’s 1 cup of Almonds.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Fresh Basil.
- You need 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 3 clove of Fresh Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of Juiced Lemon.
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare of Pasta.
- It’s 1 lb of Organic Chicken Thighs or Breasts.
- It’s 2 of Zucchini.
- You need 1 of Yellow Squash.
- Prepare 1 of Tarragon.
Chicken Pesto "Pasta" Preparation
- Cook the chicken however you would like. Boil it, grill it, pan cook it. Whatever you like best. I cooked mine in a pan with some olive oil..
- Thinly slice your zucchini and squash length wise into thin strips with a mandoline. Then use a knife to cut them into noodles. Kind of like fettuccine noodle size..
- Now to make your pesto use a food processor. Add all your pesto ingredients to your food process and mix away! Taste it to see if you need more salt and pepper or even more lemon, olive oil, or basil in it. Your pesto, your flavor..
- Add a tablespoon or two of olive oil to a large pot or skillet. Then add in your zucchini and squash along with your pesto and mix well. Let that cook down a bit, stirring occasionally, while you cut up your chicken into bite size cubes..
- Throw in the chicken and mix everything together. Let simmer on low for 5 minutes or so or until the zucchini and squash are tender and ?al dente? or however you like your pasta. Serve with a bit of tarragon on top..