You can have Elixir Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Elixir Soup
- You need 1 lb of yellow squash.
- You need 6 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 of Turnips, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of cauliflower, chopped.
- Prepare 1 medium of yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken broth ( or veggie broth if you like).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced or chopped fine.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of chives and/or green onions chopped.
- It’s of optional.
- You need 1 of yellow chile.
Elixir Soup Instructions
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Cook the yellow onion and garlic until softened. Around 8 to 10 minutes should do.
- Add the squash, carrots, cauliflower, turnip, lemon juice, Chile ( if using) and HALF of the broth and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer until the veggies are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes to cool before pureeing the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth ( careful with hot liquids!).
- Transfer from the blender into a cleaned or new pot on the stove. Add more broth to get to your desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let soup simmer before serving. Add chives or green onions to the top of soup as a garnish and enjoy :).