Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce.
You can have Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce
- Prepare 4 of beef tenderloin steaks.
- Prepare 4 of bacon strips.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of tooth sticks.
- Prepare of the sauce.
- It’s 200 grams of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- It’s 200 grams of cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce instructions
- Preheat oven at 350°F if available..
- Get the steaks wrapped around with bacon. Like a ring around. Hold it with the tooth sticks.
- Put a pan ( big enough for the four filets) on high flame. Add some oil and seal the filets for 40 seconds on each side..
- Put salt and pepper on both sides of the filets and put them in an oven tray and into the oven. A secret for tender steaks is not to put salt until the very end or after they are sealed, salt makes meat hard. For meat lovers salt and pepper is just enough! :).
- Meanwhile, on the same pan you just used, put the flame in high again, add some more oil and the chopped onion. Let it fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the wine to make a "déglacé". French for (unsticking the rests of a meal from its cooking recipient with a liquid; water, wine, lime, etc).
- After one minute low the flame a little and add the mushrooms in thick slices or chunks. Let them cook for three minutes..
- Add the cream, low the flame a little more, take the filets from the oven and put them into the sauce. Add also the juices from the meat. Let cook for one more minute and ready!! Serve and enjoy. A good purée is perfect for accompanying this delicious dish!.
- Oops!! Don't forget to take the toothsticks out before you serve them! ;).