Hominy with Peppers and Zucchini. Hominy is essentially maize kernels that have been dried, soaked and boiled until tender, in a manner similar to how you would prepare dried beans. Because I can't eat soup or stew without throwing in a few veggies, carrots, tomatoes and zucchini are used to flavor the broth and infuse it with a bit of. A different sidedish using hominy, sour cream, cheese and green chilies.
Over the years I have learned that people who think they don't like hominy have no problem with. How to make Zucchini And Hominy – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. Saute onion in the Wesson oil. You can create Hominy with Peppers and Zucchini using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hominy with Peppers and Zucchini
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 of red onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of jalapenos minced.
- It’s 2 of small zucchini or summer squash.
- You need 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 2 dash of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of yellow pepper.
- It’s 1 of orange pepper.
- Prepare 1 (28 ounce) of can hominy.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 (5.5 ounce) of can sliced black olives.
- You need 1 of optional – top with cheese and chives.
Melt butter in medium saucepan. chili powder and pepper. Wash and drain hominy; stir into sauce. Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, hominy and cooked chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Hominy with Peppers and Zucchini Preparation
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the onions and the jalapenos. Cook until soft..
- Add the chopped zucchini, salt and pepper and the Italian Seasoning. Cook for a few minutes..
- Chop up the yellow pepper and the orange pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes..
- Strain and rinse the hominy. Drain the olives. Add both to the pan. Cook until warm. And add the cilantro towards the end..
- Options: 1) use 4 ounces of bacon instead olive oil. 2) use bacon bits 3) use cooked chopped ham.
- Option – use frozen corn instead..
Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat to. Hominy with Peppers. "This is one of my family's favorite sides. My mother-in-law hated to eat light, but she would devour this when I served it." In a large bowl, combine the peppers, hominy, oil and garlic pepper; toss to coat. Meanwhile, coat salmon with remaining tsp oil and remaining spice mixture; set aside. Return mixture to saucepan, then stir in roasted pepper.