Caprese-Style Salad with Tomato & Drained Tofu.
You can have Caprese-Style Salad with Tomato & Drained Tofu using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caprese-Style Salad with Tomato & Drained Tofu
- You need 1 block of Silken tofu.
- It’s 1 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt for draining the tofu.
- Prepare 1 of to serve Watercress, shiso leaves, basil, cucumber, mizuna greens etc..
Caprese-Style Salad with Tomato & Drained Tofu Step by step
- [Draining the tofu] Take the tofu out of the pack. Cover your hands in 1 teaspoon salt and hold the tofu, thoroughly coating it with the salt in your hands..
- Wrap the tofu in 2 layers of thick kitchen paper, place it in a plastic container, and put the plastic container in the fridge Please turn the container over every now again and change the paper..
- After 12-24 hours you should be left with dense, well-drained tofu It's like Japanese-style cheese..
- [Serving] Give the tofu a quick rinse and pat away the moisture with kitchen paper Cut it into 1 cm slices and alternate it with 1 cm thick tomato slices on a plate as in the picture Season it how you like..
- [How to eat] Try it with wasabi and soy sauce Or olive oil, salt, basil, and black pepper With Japanese dressing as well However you like..