Spaghetti Squash Lasagna.
You can make Spaghetti Squash Lasagna using 16 ingredients and 18 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- You need 5 lb of Spagetti Squash ( 2 medium sized squashes).
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of Diced yellow onion.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic cloves; minced.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of Crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Salt; divided evenly.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of Chopped bell pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chopped parsley.
- It’s 2 cup of Ricotta.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella.
- It’s 1 of Basil (garnish).
- You need 1 of bottle of spagetti sauce (Optional!!!).
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Preparation
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Cut the squashes in half and scoop out seeds & gunk..
- Brush squashes with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and light sprinkle of salt..
- Place them cut-side down in a roasting pan or other baking pan with 2 inches of water..
- Roast for 45-60 minutes..
- Warm oilve oil in a medium high heat skillet or saucepan..
- Stir in onions until they're translucent, follow with the chopped bell pepper and then stir in garlic for 30sec..
- Add ground beef, 1teaspoon of salt, black pepper, cumin, worcestershire sauce, and chopped parsley..
- Cook until well browned and break it into small pieces. 8mins at the most..
- Stir in tomatoes and simmer for 20 mins (Spaghetti sauce would also be a nice addition here, but it is very optional) Please remember to taste sauce..
- Once the squash is done, shred the inside with a fork. Mix shredded squash into the tomato sauce, but leave an inch in the squash shell..
- Mix ricotta cheese, some additional parsley if desired, and a 1/2 teaspoon in a separate bowl..
- Clean the roasting pan and place squash shells inside..
- The ricotta mic should be divided between both shells. Evenly spread the ricotta mix on the bottom of the shells with a spoon..
- Do the same thing with the tomato sauce by spooning it over the ricotta..
- Repeat step 13 & 14 again until shells are filled. You're basically making layers within the shell..
- Bake the shells for 15 minutes and then add mozzarella on top..
- Bake for another 15 mins or until the mozzarella is bubbly; and tiny brown spots may pop up. A broiler would work well with this step as well..
- Remove from the oven, garnish with parsley, and enjoy!.