You can have Chaliapin Steak using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chaliapin Steak
- You need 2 of medium sized beef tenderloin or sirloin steak.
- It’s 3 of smalls onions.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of japanese soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil (Fry the steak).
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of unsalted butter (stir fry the onions).
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of grounded black pepper.
- It’s of coarsely chopped parsley or coriander for garnish.
- You need of side dish veggies or salad as you like.
Chaliapin Steak step by step
- Dice an onion into fine pieces.We're going to stir fry this and grate the rest of the onions.Put the grated one on the tray.We're going to use them for marinade..
- Put the meat on the cutting board.Use the mallet or the back of the big knife pound all over to increase the size of the meat and soften it.Flip it over and repeat the process.If you don't have the mallet.You can keep pounding the meat hard with the back of the knife and pierce all over the meat at the same time..
- Make the shallow grid cuts all over the meat on both side.The smaller the better but be careful not to cut them apart..
- Put the meat on the grated onion tray and cover them both side.Let them sit in the fridge for at least 20 mins.The longer you marinate the more tender steak you would have..
- While you're waiting for the marinated steak so prepare some veggies or your favorite side dish.I made Cheesy Baked Potatoes with Sausages.I also post this recipe as well.You can check it out..
- After you've finish the marinate time.Scrape of the grated onion out and combine them with the chopped onions in another bowl together.Melt the butter in the pan at medium heat and stir fry the onion untill lightly brown and set aside..
- Wipe some remaining butter out with the paper towel.Put the oil into the pan turn to a little low heat about 160 C and cook the steak until brown evenly..
- Put the steak on a plate with the veggies.Then stir fry the cooked onion with the steak gravy in the pan,add the japanese soy sauce and stir fry untill done.Pour the onion mixture onto the steak.Garnish with chopped parsley or spring onions and enjoy!!.