Squash Casserole. Tender squash, gooey cheese and crunchy crackers make this a memorable side dish or a hearty This is a very good casserole. Squash Casserole is an essential dish for holidays and special meals. Topped with a buttery Squash Casserole is a one of those recipes that you'll find for nearly every holiday, reunion, or.
Paula Deen's Cheesy Squash Casserole recipe from Food Network gets its richness from Parmesan, cheddar and a special cracker topping. This classic Southern-style squash casserole recipe is the one you're always looking for. It's got yellow squash, cheese, and eggs, and is covered with a buttery cracker crumb topping. You can make Squash Casserole using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squash Casserole
- Prepare 2 large of yellow squash.
- You need 2 large of zucchini.
- It’s 1 box of jiffy cornbread mix.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need of salt and peppet.
- You need 1 cup of American cheese.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
Yellow Squash Casserole is a classic Southern side dish. Sliced squash is baked in a cheesy cream sauce and topped with a buttery cracker crumble. This Squash Casserole from Delish.com is the best way to use up your summer squash. Yellow Squash Casserole is creamy and cheesy with a buttery and crispy Ritz cracker topping.
Squash Casserole Preparation
- Mix. Cornbread as directed..
- Dice onion, yellow sqaush and zucchini.
- Boil the veggies until tender. Risen in cold water..
- Once cornbread is cool. Crumble cornbread. Mix in veggies, cheese, and chicken broth. Add thyme, salt, and pepper..
- Place in a grease baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes on 350°F..
- Allow to cool and serve..
It makes a delicious side dish and is perfect for using fresh summer squash. This squash casserole is cheesy and super creamy. Yellow squash is naturally a tad sweet. Mixed with the savory cheese and soup it's the perfect combination. Covering the casserole for part of the.