You can have Gingerbread People using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gingerbread People
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter Softened.
- You need 3/4 cup of Packed Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Molases.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Water.
- Prepare 2 2/3 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Allspice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg.
Gingerbread People instructions
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, egg and water..
- Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until easy to handle..
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps..
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired. Yield: about 2 dozen..
- Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 116 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein..
- ICING: 3 tablespoons Meringue Powder Easy-Add Meringue Powder.
- 4 cups (about 1 lb.) confectioners' sugar.
- 5 tablespoons warm water.