Stuffed Pork Tenderloin.
You can have Stuffed Pork Tenderloin using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- It’s 1 of One whole (not pieces) pork or beef tenderloin roast. I used 4 pounds pork..
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste. Thyme would be good to in small amount..
- Prepare 10 oz of approximately 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry. Fresh wilted would be better..
- Prepare 8 oz of julliened aged, smoked swiss cheese. (didn't have shredded, only sliced)..
- It’s 8 oz of finely chopped fresh mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely diced onions. I saute the mushrooms and onions together in a fairly dry pan until very little moisture remains..
- Prepare 2 lb of bacon strips.
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin step by step
- This is absolutely one of the most versatile recipes to impress company with that I know off. Choose your ingredients based on using a whole pork or beef tenderloin and have fun with it! My fun time is as follow. No exact measurements folks. Play with it!.
- Preheat oven to 350° F..
- Either have the nice butcher butterfly the tenderloin for you or grab a sharp knife and have fun doing it yourself..
- With the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten the meat between 2 pieces of cellophane or waxed paper..
- Season with your choice of seasonings..
- Next, layer the following leaving a 1/2 in border all the way around the edges..
- Chopped spinach, mushroom & onions, Swiss cheese..
- Beginning with one of the longer sides, start to roll it up. Fold in the shorter ends periodically so that by the end of the rolling process, they Will be slightly tucked in..
- Don't roll so tightly that you push all the filling out..
- Once you have it rolled up, layer Bacon slices so they are overlapped and then roll your stuffed tenderloin in the Bacon. Or, if you are lazy like me,just overlap strips on top and tuck ends underneath..
- Baked on raised rack in pan for 45-60 minutes. Meat thermometer should read no less than 165°F. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing..
- I concocted a mixture of spicy brown mustard, brown sugar and a touch of maple syrup that I brushed it with before baking and then half way through. YUMMMMY!!.
- You can add so many different combos to this type of recipe. Would love to hear other ideas!!.