Best Beef Stroganoff.
You can have Best Beef Stroganoff using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best Beef Stroganoff
- You need of Pasta.
- It’s 1 of linguini pasta.
- It’s of Stroganoff.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 lb of tenderloin steak cut into small strips.
- You need 1 of small size minced onion.
- You need 5 clove of minced/pressed garlic.
- It’s 3 cup of diced mushrooms.
- You need 2 tbsp of white cooking wine.
- It’s 284 ml of can of beef broth.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
Best Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Put large pot of water on stove to boil.
- Put large frying/sauce pan on med-high heat with 1 tbsp of oil..
- Season steak with salt & pepper, then sear steak on both sides in frying pan for 30-60 seconds (don't cook all the way through). Remove steak from pan with juices and set aside..
- In the same pan, sauté onions and garlic until tender (about 3 min) with 1tbsp of oil..
- Add last tbsp of oil with mushrooms (a mix of assorted mushrooms works best) and sauté until tender (about 5 min)..
- Stir in wine and simmer for 2 min..
- Add remaining ingredients (be careful not to overdue Worcestershire or Dijon because they can easily overpower the other flavours) and simmer until sauce begins to thicken (about 10 min)..
- While sauce is thickening, add linguini to boiling water and cook until tender. Drain, and divide into your guests' pasta bowls..
- Stir steak into sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper (LOTS of pepper please!)..
- Spoon sauce over pasta for each guest and sprinkle some paprika on top for color. Enjoy!.