You can cook Soto Betawi using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soto Betawi
- It’s 500 gr of tenderloin beef.
- Prepare 2 of garlic.
- You need 4 of shallots or 1 red onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1 of lemon grass.
- You need 3 of lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 200 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 1 liter of water.
- It’s of Nutmeg powder.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Cabbage.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Onion spring.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
Soto Betawi step by step
- Dice the lean meat and boil it in water in medium heat. Add the lemongrass, bay leaf, and lime leaves..
- Grind the garlic, onion, coriander seeds, and white pepper in food processor..
- Bring oil to heat and fry the ground spices for about one minute..
- Add the ground spices to the meat soup and season with a pinch of nutmeg, salt, and sugar. Add coconut milk..
- Let cook for 40-45 minutes. Taste to correct..
- Wash and chop cabbage, tomatoes, and onion spring. Arrange them into the serving bowls..
- When the soup is done, pour it into the serving bowls..
- Serve soto with white rice or boiled potatoes. Ground fresh chili and chopped lime are also highly recommend adds on..