You can cook Beef Curry using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Curry
- It’s 400 grams of beef / tenderloin.
- Prepare 1 bunch of each tree basils and sawtooth coriander (coriander and spring onion substitute for both if cant find ).
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water or stock.
- It’s 1 of pepper,sliced.
- Prepare of chilli paste.
- Prepare 12 of dried hot chilli or less.
- It’s 1 head of turmeric.
- You need 1 of lemongrass stalk,sliced.
- You need 1/2 of inch of galangal.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped coriander root.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of roasted coriander seeds.
- Prepare 3 of shallots.
- It’s 1 tsp of shrimp paste.
- Prepare 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 3 of extra cloves of garlic to fry chilli paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of oil to fry chilli paste.
- It’s 1 of extra lemongrass,crushed to fry with chili paste.
Beef Curry instructions
- Cubes beef tenderloin.
- Make fresh chilli paste ,use pestel and mortar make it fine paste by pound garlic,chilli,coriander seeds,lemongrass,galangal,then add shrimp paste ,shallots ,when done crush extra cloves of garlic,tear kaffir lime leaves ,ready to stir fry in the wok on soup pot.
- Stir fried chilli paste ,garlic,kaffir lime leaves ,crushed lemongrass in hot oil on medium heat ,until fragrance.
- Add beef ,stir until no longer pink.
- Add water or stock ,let it simmer until beef tender ,soup reduce.
- Add tree basils and chopped sawtooth coriander ,and 2 fresh peppercorns ,pepper sliced ,stir to mix and heat off.
- Serve hot with rice.