Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs.
You can cook Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare 4 links of Italian sweet sausage.
- Prepare 1 pound of orecchiette pasta.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare Splash of white wine.
- Prepare 1 can of peas.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs (toasted).
- You need of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Parsley.
Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs instructions
- Put olive oil salt and pepper on one head of cut up cauliflower and roast in oven at 425 until crispy (almost black).
- Cook sausage in a large pan and set aside.
- Add some olive oil to the pan where you cooked the sausage and sauté an onion until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, boil water and start cooking the orecchiette.
- Add a splash of white wine to onions and cook off the alcohol.
- Add a ladle of pasta water to the onions and stir.
- Add one can of peas and sausage to the onions.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the peas and onions and stir. Remove from heat and put pasta in large bowl.
- Mix cauliflower in with the pasta.
- Top with grated cheese and toasted breadcrumbs (to toast the bread crumbs, add a little oil to a small pan on high heat and add breadcrumbs. Constantly stir to avoid burning).
- Finish with fresh parsley.