Crusted Cheesy Squash Casserole. Tender squash, gooey cheese and crunchy crackers make this a memorable side dish or a hearty main course. This is a great dish that can be made with low-fat ingredients The texture beneath the crust was mushy (but still yummy) so I tried baking the casserole for. A creamy and cheesy casserole with summer squash, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms and a buttery cracker crumb topping.
This squash casserole is over the top delicious with its yummy, cheesy cornbread crust! That's right – cheese AND cornbread. This Cornbread Crusted Squash Casserole recipes makes a ton. You can have Crusted Cheesy Squash Casserole using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crusted Cheesy Squash Casserole
- Prepare 2 lb of yellow squash.
- Prepare 1/3 large of Thinly Slice White Onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegan Butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of Bob's Red Mill Almond meal/flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Silk Soy Milk.
- You need 2 cup of Kraft Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Powder.
- You need 2 cup of Organic Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 1 of Pam Olive oil spray.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Egg Whites.
It would be great for a cookout, potluck and your upcoming. Try this easy delicious squash casserole recipe just like your grandmother used to make. You can also modify this typically southern casserole recipe Creamy, cheesy and soft as a cloud with a delightful crunchy top crust. This Easy Cheesy Southern Squash Casserole is like the one your favorite Aunt.
Crusted Cheesy Squash Casserole Instructions
- Thinly slice 2 lbs of yellow squash.
- Broil squash and onions in water for 10 minutes.
- drain in strainer and let set.
- Melt vegan butter in medium saucepan and add almond flour and stir.
- Add warm Soy milk to saucepan and stir until thickened.
- remove mixture from heat.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese, cayenne powder, salt and ground black pepper, Stir until completely melted.
- Add squash and stir well.
- Spray Olive Oil Spray onto the Casserole Dish completely..
- Spoon squash mixture evenly in the casserole dish.
- in a medium mixing bowl, add 2 cups of egg whites and organic bread crumbs, mix well..
- Spread bread crumb mixture over the top of squash mixture and add 1/2 cup cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes..
- let cool for 10-15 minutes and serve.
This Cheesy Squash Casserole makes a great side dish or vegetarian main dish! It is almost like a squash quiche without the crust. Cheesy Squash Casserole – DELICIOUS side dish for the holidays or summer cookout. Even squash hates love this cheesy casserole! Watch the BBQ Pit Boys put together a classic veggie dish with a needed twist.