Slow Cooked Beef Stew.
You can have Slow Cooked Beef Stew using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooked Beef Stew
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- It’s 2 of Potato.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 can of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 lb of Beef Tenderloin.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 2 cup of Water.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Cooking Sherry (sweet).
Slow Cooked Beef Stew step by step
- READ FIRST: You will need a pot with some for this. You'll also need some sort of insulation to wrap around your pot, if it doesn't have built in heat-retaining properties. This will take a while – hasty consumption will yield tough beef and crunchy carrots/potatoes, which is not what we're aiming for..
- NOTE: Choose a cut of beef with more fat in it – not saturated, but we should be able to see the clear white lines within the red. Lean will not turn out as well..
- Okay, now we'll begin. Make sure the onions and carrots are diced, and the potatoes peeled and cut into sizable chunks. They will become smaller as the stew… stews. Make sure you've started preheating the pot/slow cooker..
- First, pan fry the onions in about one tablespoon of butter. Add the carrots and beef in as well. Make sure the beef goes in last, since it only needs to be lightly seared – any more and it will start cooking off fat, and will be tough and chewy..
- Add water to the preheated pot and, after one minute, add the tomato paste and a spoon of olive oil..
- Once this pre-broth has heated up, add the onions, carrots, potatoes, beef, and butter. After the ingredients have settled and heated up, add the flour and stir slowly on heat for 5-7 minutes. Add the sherry while you're stirring..
- Once the stew has again settled and come to a low boil, keep cooking on low heat for thirty minutes, before turning off the heat and placing a lid on the pot..
- After another thirty minutes, turn off heat and place your pot into the insulators material. Make sure most of your lot is wrapped in it..
- Thirty minutes after you wrap the pot, heat it again on low heat for thirty minutes..
- Repeat steps #8 and #9 three more times (180 minutes). After the last time, let pot sit for 15 minutes and serve. It will get better the more times it's heated, since the potatoes dissolve into the stew and make it richer..
- The resulting stew will be on the salty side, so please eat with rice, bread, or pasta. That way it lasts longer as well..