Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta. My butternut squash pasta sauce relies on a nut or dairy fat to help balance the starch, creating a creamy, almost cheese-like texture that is marked with a hint of the squash's sweetness. I gave the option of including cashew, almond or dairy to allow for different preferences. Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta with crispy sage leaves-a comforting pasta recipe for fall!
Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Once the squash is tender, remove and transfer to a blender with the garlic and shallots with chicken stock. Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta – silky quick and easy pasta that is SO creamy and absolutely addicting! You can have Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
- It’s 1 of medium butternut squash, cut into small ½-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 50 ml of fresh cream.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh parsely, chopped.
- Prepare 10 ounces of linguine.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s of Sea salt and black papper.
Topped with crispy bacon and toasted pine It is made with butternut squash, garlic, herbs, fresh Parmesan and topped with crispy bacon and toasted pine nuts. It is perfect in its simplicity or. Spiced and creamy (yet cream-less) butternut squash sauce tossed with whole grain linguine. Serve the pasta in individual bowls topped with fried sage, more black pepper and shaved Creamy Butternut Squash Linguine recipe – The amount of sauce covered two full packages of pasta.
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Preparation
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and butternut squash to pot. Sprinkle it lightly with sea salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes..
- Add water and boil until squash is soft and liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes..
- Transfer the contents of the pot to a blender. Purée the mixture until smooth. Return the squash purée to the pot and add cream, then season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente..
- Combine pasta, squash purée source in a pan and cook over medium heat, until sauce coats pasta, about 1 min..
- Serve pasta topped with black pepper and parsley..
This classic, vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce with sage is a delicious accompaniment to your favorite pasta! It's healthy, surprisingly easy to make and need I say absolutely delicious! Plus, it's unbelievably creamy without actually containing any cream. There's so much to love about this dish, beyond the easy cleanup (but that too). There's plenty of sliced garlic, some butternut squash purée (sweet potato or pumpkin purée work too), and half a can of cannellini beans, infusing.