Squash with sausage. They just like each other, like pasta and meatballs. So when I saw this recipe in my friends Todd Porter and Diane Cu's stunning cookbook Bountiful. Squash stuffed with a creamy sausage filling is the perfect addition to the Thanksgiving table or for a fancy weeknight dinner.
Spaghetti Squash is a delicious vegetable that tends to be a little on the "unknown" side. Add the spaghetti squash strands, garlic and crumbled sausage. This sausage and parmesan stuffed acorn squash makes a cozy and delicious cold weather meal! You can make Squash with sausage using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squash with sausage
- You need 1/3 lb of bulk sausage.
- You need 3 lb of yellow crook neck squash.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of dehydrated onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of margarine.
- It’s 1 of nonstick spray.
I've been meaning to make a sausage stuffed squash recipe for a while now. Stuffed Delicata Squash is stuffed with a savory sausage stuffing made with celery, onion and mushrooms, a wonderful contrast to the sweet flavor of the squash. Sweet and savory butternut squash and apple hash with sausage is a hearty and satisfying way to start your day and keep Start the day with this Butternut Squash and Apple Hash with Sausage! Halve the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
Squash with sausage Instructions
- Heat a pan. Spray with nonstick spray..
- Add the squash let cook 7 minutes. there should be a lot of liquid in pan, if so, drain it..
- Add sausage, salt and garlic. Cover let cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add onions. Mix well cook till onions are tender. Add margarine. If the squash caramelizes, this is awesome. That's what you want to happen..
- After all liquid is gone mix well and let sit 3 minutes serve. Hope you enjoy!.
Remove squash from oven and heat broiler. In a large bowl, combine sausage mixture, half the Stuff each squash half with sausage mixture and top each with remaining fontina and bread crumbs. This spicy bean, squash, apple, and sausage dish is an amazing combination of fall flavors. In this savory, satisfying dinner, finely ground polenta and grated butternut squash are cooked together in one pot, the squash adding sweetness to the savory cornmeal. This penne dish has butternut squash and sausage, which cook in the same pan.