Buttery Summer Squash & Rice.
You can make Buttery Summer Squash & Rice using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttery Summer Squash & Rice
- Prepare 3 of medium yellow squash, washed and cubed.
- You need 1 of medium onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 packages of shredded cabbage for slaw, it usually has carrots and purple cabbage mixed in.
- You need 1 of Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
Buttery Summer Squash & Rice Preparation
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium pan on med-high heat. Add onions and squash and seasonings and stir fry til tender but crisp still. Add cabbage and stir fry a few minutes longer. Turn off heat and cover..
- Make a pot of rice. 1 1/2 cups rice and 3 cups water with a dap of butter and a pinch of salt. Bring it all to a boil, turn the heat to low and cover pot and cook for 15 minutes. Don't remove lid for 5-10 minutes..
- Serve squash over rice..