You can cook Steak Diane using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steak Diane
- It’s 4 half of inch slices of beef tenderloin steak.
- It’s 1 of shallot minced.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of brandy.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 box of veal demi-glace combined with one cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s To taste of salt pepper and hot sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 8 ounces of mushrooms sliced Cremini or Button.
- Prepare To taste of Assorted fresh herbs as desired such as parsley, chives and thyme.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cold butter.
- You need As needed of Olive oil and butter for sautéing.
Steak Diane step by step
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter until hot. Season fillets with salt and pepper and sear in pan until brown on both sides and cooked to medium rare. Remove to plate and tent to keep warm..
- Add mushrooms to same pan and cook until softened. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Then add shallot and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Off heat add brandy and ignite. Once flames die down cook until almost gone. Then add beef broth, lemon, cream, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Cook until slightly thickened and reduced. Off heat stir in herbs and butter until melted. Pour over steaks and serve..