Pickled squash. A simple tasty recipe for quick Pickled Summer Squash, delicious on sandwiches and burgers and Come August, there always seems to be an overabundance of summer squash and zucchini in the. While pickled squash is technically a condiment, my recipe is intended to be a side dish or summer potluck salad—and it's ready to eat in just a couple of hours. This Pickled squash recipe is a hit with everyone I've given it to.
Perhaps you've seen Summer Squash in the grocery store when it's in season, and cheap, and wondered what you could. My husband pickles these crooklike squashes otherwise known as summer squash. All he does is cut them into bite size pieces and put them in canning jars just like you would. You can cook Pickled squash using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pickled squash
- You need 1 1/2 lb of yellow crook necked squash.
- Prepare 1 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 46 oz of jar, sterilized.
These sweet pickled squash are unusually gratifying and can elevate anything from a simple dish of beans and rice to a fried egg sandwich. These pickled squash are just AMAZING! These pickled squash are just AMAZING! You can add fresh Jalapeno rings to make them a Hot Pickles and just awesome as well!
Pickled squash Instructions
- Wash the squash and slice into medallions. Put into jar..
- In a pot heat 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup water. Add sugar and salt. When dissolved add the turmeric..
- Pour vinegar solution over the top of squash. Add lid and let cool..
- Let sit in cool dry place for 2 weeks. Serve hope you enjoy!.
- Refrigerate after opening. Will keep as long as a regular jar of pickles..
Spices can be anything you like. Find the cheap pickled squash, Find the best pickled squash deals, Sourcing the right pickled squash supplier can be time-consuming and difficult. Download Squash pickle stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. These pickled vegetables are very versatile and best accompany any meaty main dishes. Combine the pickle brine in a saucepan and boil on.