You can cook Beef Stroganoff using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 12 oz of egg noodles.
- You need 1/4 cup of gluten-free flour (or regular flour).
- You need 1 1/4 lbs of beef tenderloin tips, 1/2 inch thick (or stew meat).
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, divided.
- It’s 12 oz of canned button mushrooms, sliced (can also use fresh).
- Prepare 10 1/2 oz of beef broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain. Keep warm..
- Place flour in a large ziploc bag. Add beef to bag. Shake to coat well. Can add a little extra flour, if needed..
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in large skillet. Add beef to skillet. Cook until all pieces are brown on all sides..
- Transfer beef & pan juices to a bowl & set aside..
- Melt remaining butter in skillet. Add mushrooms & cook until heated through. If using fresh will need to cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, tomato paste, & worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of skillet..
- Return beef & juices to skillet. Cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream until hot..
- Serve over noodles..